Accidents involving pedestrians are common in the United States and often result in serious injury or death. A pedestrian is killed in an accident every 108 minutes and injured every seven minutes in the United States. Many individuals retain a pedestrian accident attorney to ensure that they receive just compensation for their injuries and that their rights are protected.
Pedestrian accidents can involve a car, motorcycle, a bus, or a truck. Young children under the age of 14 and elderly are the most common victims of pedestrian accidents, and injuries are often serious, if not fatal. Children are easily distracted, have a lack of experience, and are usually not aware of their surroundings. Often, crosswalks that are extremely long do not give the elderly, who often have a slower gait, enough time to cross the street.
Protecting your legal rights after a serious injury is a speciality of CARRINGTON LAW OFFICES, P.C. Our skilled, knowledgeable attorneys at CARRINGTON LAW OFFICES, P.C. can help you obtain compensation for lost wages, medical and rehabilitation cost and pain and suffering after a pedestrian accident.
If you or someone you know has been injured as a pedestrian, contact the lawyers at CARRINGTON LAW OFFICES, P.C. today.
WAYS TO AVOID A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT
• Always cross at designated crosswalks or intersections.
• Always walk on the sidewalk or, if there is no sidewalk, on the shoulder of the road facing oncoming traffic.
• Look both ways before crossing the street.
• Assist young children attempting to cross the street.
• Always obey traffic signals
• When walking children or elderly pedestrians, let them walk on the side of the walk that is furthest away from traffic.
Most of the responsibility of avoiding pedestrian accidents rests on the shoulders of the driver - be alert and aware of pedestrians at all times. If you find yourself involved in a pedestrian accident, contact our experienced and aggressive attorneys at CARRINGTON LAW OFFICES, P.C. - it can make all the difference in the world.